Seasons of life

 

Have you ever been in one place for a while and you hope that something exciting will happen, like maybe a new promotion, job offer, new car, a vacation, or even a new puppy? I know all of these things can sound super exciting, but what happens when we don’t get what we want? We are depressed, lonely, and sad, because we find our worth and wealth in material things, and not what God has for us. We love earthly things, and we don’t love what the creator has for us. We all have seasons of life, and I know it’s hard to see, but God has a plan for everyone’s life. He has a plan for your life, just as he has a plan for my life. Don’t be sad or depressed that you don’t have what you want in your life, but instead look forward to what you will receive in the future. For example, I’ve been struggling with my own identity recently. I was a cast member at Walt Disney World for a year and I loved getting to meet characters and go on all the rides, and see the inside scoop of what Disney had to offer, but that was a season of my life. As much as I want to go back and be a cast member again, I have to be happy with where God has put me. God has me in college right now, where I get to study, learn from professors, gain a better understanding of the world and get a degree and graduate. Just because one person might be doing the Disney College Program now, doesn’t mean that’s where I’m meant to be. I know my dream was to work for Disney ever since I was five years old, and I got to fulfill my dream, but I need to continue life and start a new chapter, like my life was a book. And if I ever choose to work for Disney again, I can, and I will have a better knowledge of the world and my studies before I go into a full time position. So if you are ever struggling with why am I here? Why does God have me here? Just know that in the end it will all unfold out and you will see the plan and purpose in the end. Just wait out the process in the end. We can do this together.

Comments