Back then and Where I am now

 


 I don’t know about you, but I love getting to relate to people, seeing where their from and what shaped them into who they are today. So, I thought I would share a little of my backstory so you can get to know me and what I’m doing now!!

I will start off where I was born. I was born in Boca Raton, Florida and was raised there until I was around 5 when we moved to North Carolina. My Dad got a job as a math teacher at a school called Southlake Christian Academy. I went to SouthLake and learned ever since I was in elementary school/Pre-K to being a senior and graduating in high school. The most I’ve ever been in one place was at SouthLake for 13 years. When I graduated from SouthLake, it was finally time to start my new adventure/chapter of my life. It was pretty tricky trying to find a college that I wanted to go to, I wanted to go far away from home, but also close distance wise. It’s also hard for me to make decisions on things so trying to find a perfect college was a little hard! I also get homesick easily so I was able to go home a few weekends. I finally made my decision and ended up studying at North Greenville University in Tigerville, South Carolina. My major was Digital Media and I learned for about a year and a half there. Pretty soon, i got tired of being in the standard school environment and constantly taking quizzes and tests. It was also hard because I was still trying to navigate through the COVID year. I made a lot of friends in college so it was hard for me to leave, but I knew that it was the best choice overall for me to go. So when I left North Greenville, I was then given the opportunity to do a nine month gap year program in Morris, PA. This was a program where I still got to learn and study but also travel to different states and outside of the country. It was just a really cool experience that was brought before me and I couldn’t pass it up! So I packed my bags and headed a few months later to Morris PA! This was the furthest I’ve ever been from my family and I would have to live here for nine months. I got to travel to Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Peru, and Philly. I studied religion and was moved spiritually and grew a lot. We also had a few speakers talk with us on certain topics such as love and dating and some other worldly subjects. We also gave a few presentations to our classmates. We also hiked and trekked/camped for 10 miles in the cold rocky mountains. Overall it was a great experience to grow and learn in our faith. After One Life, I was then given the opportunity to work as a cast member at Walt Disney World where I was a hostess for a nice restaurant, called BoatWrights. Being a cast member at Walt Disney World had been my dream ever since I was 5 years old, so getting to fulfill my dream was a big accomplishment. After this, I went to further my education at Gardner Webb University and this is where I am currently! I cannot wait to see what the rest of my future holds and I have learned that change is ok! You will lose friends, but you will also gain a lot of friends and that’s ok. God brings you to places that you may not want to go to, but just know that going to different places and trying different things even when you don’t want to helps you grow. 

How will you grow or change this year?

Comments